6 Steps to Launching Share 6
The Share 6 Campaign brings together simple gospel-sharing tools, a powerful focus on intercessory prayer and a practical youth group strategic plan. Maximize your impact as you launch the campaign by checking out the following tools.
Download all the resources you need to launch the campaign, including a leader’s guide and strategy worksheet.
Get your teens praying for 1-3 lost friends by name.
- Use THE Cause Circle
- Consider a concert of prayer to launch the Share 6 Campaign.
- Recruit others to pray for this effort.
- Start praying for your own friends, as well.
Train your teens to share their faith and lead THE Cause (Matthew 28:18-20)
- More information about THE Cause
- Check out the DVD training curriculum and evangelism tools at dare2share.org/store
- Bring your teens to a Dare 2 Share Student Training Conference
- Have your teens download the FREE Dare 2 Share Mobile App at dare2share.org/mobileapp
- To keep evangelism on your radar as a priority, signup for Dare 2 Share’s free e-resource, Energize
3. Read & Write!
Get your teens familiar with the Life in 6 Words outreach book, then have them write a note in the front of their book to the friend they are giving it to.
- Use a youth group meeting to pass out copies of the Life in 6 Words book and provide time for the students to read it–either individually, or by prearranging to have a couple students prepped to do an upfront reading where one student reads the narrative and the other reads the spoken word poem while the rest of the group follows along in their own copy of the book. As they read the book, challenge them to be thinking about who they would like to give this book to.
- Once they are familiar with the book, spend time in your meeting having each teen write a personal note to their friend in the front of the book.
Give them a sample note as an example.
- Write a letter to your friend/family member in the front of your book and read it to your teens.
- Have a handful of teens share what they’ve written with the group.
- Spend time praying over each Life in 6 Words book and those who are going to read them.
- Ask your teens to text the friend they are giving the book to this question: “If you were to describe your life in 6 words, what would those words be?”
Challenge your teens to give their friend the book as a gift the next day.
- Encourage them to text you and/or your prayer warriors about the response they get from their friends upon receiving the book.
- Train them to say, “After you read this, I would like to sit down and talk to you about it.”
- Encourage them to enlist others to pray for their conversations.
- Keep your prayer warriors actively interceeding during this time.
- Give your book away to the person God has laid on your heart.
5. Follow Through!
Develop a strategy that ensures your teens are having conversations.
- Make sure every book is followed up by a personal evangelistic conversation.
- Remind teenagers of the three possible responses to reading the Life in 6 Words book
- Consider launching a Share 6 Party.
- Consider launching a Share 6 gathering that involves multiple youth groups working together to reach the community, as well as the school campuses in your area.
- Consider making the books available to your students on a regular basis by creating a GOSPEL Wall.